The Dilemma of Long-Term CareThe need for long-term care in the United States is growing rapidly as the Baby Boomer generation reaches retirement age and beyond. As the demand is rising, so is the cost of long- term care in Idaho. Once you reach age 65, there is a 70% chance you will need some form of long-term care. Let’s look at typical long-term care costs in Idaho:
- The average annual cost of care in an Idaho nursing home is estimated to be $83,000.
- Private rooms can go for as much as $88,000.
- In-home care with 44 hours per week of care amounts to around $46,000.
- Adult day care is around $30,000.
- Assisted living facilities in Idaho cost approximately $39,000.